Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hari Permuafakatan

Teachers meeting parents was no fun. My first experience was a nervous one. But this time, meeting parents from a weaker and naughtier class is more interesting, because the parents are naughty too.



I was lucky not to have student's grandma broke down and cried. Or mother scolded teacher for her son's weaknesses. I was only surprised by a student's mother who is mil's agent, a very naughty student's sis in law was my friend and a student's brother was my ex. (kidding)


The common conversation will be about the sons' results and their attitudes in class. After enough cursing (complaining), I will tell them that theirs son are actually smart and clever [if they study hard] :p


A mother said, No wonder my son told be he has a very beautiful form teacher.

The powerful words indeed cheered my day :)


8 comments:

HuiHui said...

the praise is a smart way to bribe you to give her son more marks next exam. :p

amelia said...

hehe.. maybe.

Janice said...

I don't like to have parents scolding child in front and students crying.
I had one, nagging and nagging for 20 minutes and I just couldn't stop him. =.=

Some will be trying to tell you how good and how smart their child is. Or how bad, how poor, how lazy.

Yeah, I had parents commenting that too, hahaha.

amelia said...

i suspected that some parents were acting and they acted so well like the students. they pretended to agree everything with teachers so that teachers wont talk long. i noticed some parents hate to meet teachers as much as their children. :)

CK said...

Since when Sacred Heart has this "Hari Permuafakatan"? I don't remember our parents have ever been called to school during our school days.

amelia said...

after Yan's graduation is Sacred Heart, we have this Hari Permuafakatan and it's compulsory after each term school exam. Yan said he was lucky. Imagine mom/dad has to go to school to see his teachers for report card :p

HuiHui said...

what is parents don't want to go?
no report card? :p

amelia said...

My students prefer not going because they said only receive one cane from principal.