Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Facebook

As I was invigilating in the recent Malaysian University English Test (MUET), I gave the questions a quick scan. One of the essay question sounds like this: Give your opinions on the nowadays telecommunication like sms, msn and facebook.

I looked around the classroom and wondered how these students who were all Sarawak bumis (the school was 40 minutes drive from town), which I believe they seldom or never touch the typing keyboard before able to write such essay.

If I were the student, what would I write since I don't play the Superpoke pet, Restaurant city, Farm ville, Hotel city.... which were so popular among my colleagues and students.

I have been greeted and well wished by several students from other classes surprisingly. Every students in the class stood up and sang birthday song. So warm.

Is that the point why using facebook?

3 comments:

Janice said...

pretty teachers are always popular among students. :p
I would nvr give my fb or blog to any current students.
only give to my ex students.
dun want to lose my privacy yet. :)

amelia said...

i didnt give but everyone can find.

Janice said...

cos everyone knows you're amelia..
no one knows i'm janice.
lol~even if they found it i wont approve too.

if situation needed me and my colleague would rather create anothe account for school purpose. hehe